Compounded polyolefins are thermoplastic resins produced using a blend of one or more base polyolefins with various components such as impact modifiers, fillers and reinforcements, and pigments and additives. These Polypropylene Composite Materials and Alloys (PCMA) offer a broad range of characteristics and are used in a wide variety of customer applications.
Now access all LyondellBasell Product Documents, such as Polymers Technical Data Sheets (TDS), Chemical Sales Specifications (CSS), Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Product Stewardship Bulletins (PSB) for all LyondellBasell businesses and regions, from the “Product Document Search “ on the right side of this page.
If there are other technical documents, they will continue to be available on the related product page within LYB.com and polymers.lyondellbasell.com.
Benefits and Applications
Typical customer applications include:
- Automotive components
- Electrical appliances
- Wire and cable
- Pipe and sheet
- Building and construction
- Broad range of stiffness from very soft to very rigid
- Excellent aesthetic characteristics and colorability
- Very good processability
- High stiffness/impact balance
- High mar and scratch resistance
- Very low carbon emissions achievable
- Excellent recyclability
Prohibited Applications of Compounded Polyolefins:
The use of LyondellBasell Compounded Polyolefins in the following applications is prohibited:
- All parts for Aeronautical use
- All parts for Train transportation use
- Air bag unit housings
- Seat belt systems and mechanisms
- Brake systems and mechanisms
- Pedals (brake, gas, clutch)
- Steering systems and mechanisms
- All parts with flammability requirements for Building and Constructions
- All parts with flammability requirements for Industrial applications use
- All parts for Medical applications use
More information about our wide range of compounded polyolefins
can be found our polymers site, where you may register as a new customer or login to access MSDS documents. From our polymers site, you also may access the e-commerce platforms
, Connect and Marketplace.