With over 100 licensed lines around the globe, LyondellBasell has pioneered the Spheripol polypropylene (PP) process, which represents over 40 years of continuous commitment to innovative PP technology development.
More companies use the Spheripol technology than the technologies of the three closest competitors combined. More than 20 million tonnes of Spheripol process capacity have been licensed worldwide, providing licensees with an elegant and economical method to produce a wide range of premium-quality PP grades.
Safety and environment
- A safety record among the best in the industry
- Leading resource consumption, monomer efficiency and emissions
- No undesired by-products from the reaction
Product capability and versatility
- Wide range of homopolymers, random copolymers and heterophasic impact and specialty impact copolymers, as well as terpolymers for all PP applications
- Unmatched product quality with minimum property variation due to excellent process
- Stability and catalyst performance
- Average overall operability rate is approximately 98% – with an average of 2% downtime and less than 1% due to process features
- Proven, single-line capacities, from 40 up to 550 kt/a are available for homopolymer, random copolymer and heterophasic impact copolymer production
- Tailored design for chemical or polymer-grade monomer feedstock
- Expansion achievable through minor adjustments
- Extension of product range possible through introduction of Metocene PP process as an add-on technology
- Flexible modular design facilitates low investment costs
- Capital costs are competitive with currently available PP processes
- Lowest operating costs of any PP process and high-transition efficiency
For further information, please contact us.
Spheripol and Metocene are trademarks owned or used by LyondellBasell group companies.