ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, May 24, 2018 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced that Fujian Zhongjing Petrochemical Co., Ltd. has selected LyondellBasell 5th Generation Spheripol technology. The polypropylene process technology will be used for two 600 KTA polypropylene (PP) units to be constructed in Fuzhou, China. This represents the world’s largest single PP plant license announced to date.
Mr. WENG Shengjing, Chairman of the Board of Fujian Zhongjing stated, “We selected Spheripol for its proven track record, advantaged economics, and its ability to produce the industry benchmark products that are demanded by our customers”.
“The selection of the Spheripol technology by Fujian Zhongjing to build the world’s largest single train polypropylene units shows the confidence the market has in our technologies”, said Dan Coombs, Executive Vice President of Global Olefins and Polyolefins and Technology at LyondellBasell. “This again demonstrates LyondellBasell’s leadership in polymer process technologies”.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 250 polyolefin process licenses. Spheripol is the leading polypropylene process technology with more than 22 million tons of licensed capacity. It combines globally recognized quality PP grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice.
In addition to the Spheripol process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough Spherizone multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform with flexible operating conditions to manufacture added-value polypropylene with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Metocene PP – technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Lupotech – the leading high-pressure tubular and autoclave process technologies for the production of LDPE and EVA copolymers
- Hostalen – a low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Spherilene – flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its 13,400 employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, and improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road. LyondellBasell sells products into approximately 100 countries and is the world's largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2018, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com.