ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands, November 5, 2019 – LyondellBasell (NYSE:LYB), the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced that Hyundai Chemical Co. Ltd (a joint venture company between Hyundai Oilbank Co. Ltd. and Lotte Chemical Corporation) has selected Lupotech Tprocess technology from LyondellBasell for a 300KT per year low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers plant to be built at Daesan, South Korea.
Neil Nadalin, Director Global Licensing and Services at LyondellBasell stated: “This project again demonstrates the superior benefits the Lupotech T technology offers to our customers for high-pressure tubular LDPE. Lupotech T continues to meet our customer’s key project requirements in today’s LDPE and EVA market by balancing operating and investment costs to reach world scale single line capacity.”
Im-ju Jung, Executive Director and Head of Process Department of Hyundai Chemical Co., Ltd stated: “LyondellBasell’s technology solution allows us to serve the high-quality LDPE and EVA copolymers market. The unique experience along the polyolefin value chain makes LyondellBasell for us again the licensor of choice for this project.”
Proven safety features based on decades of experience in high-pressure application design make Lupotech T the technology of choice for LDPE plant operators. High conversion rates and effective process heat integration are key attributes of the Lupotech T process and contribute to a sustainable growth of the LDPE and EVA markets.
LyondellBasell has licensed more than 11,000 KT per year of Lupotech T LDPE production capacity in about 65 lines around the world.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous production improvement, sustainable product development and catalyst knowhow, by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Lupotech T process technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Spheripol –The leading PP process technology with more than 25 million tons of licensed capacity. With globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer yield and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2019, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com. SOURCE: LyondellBasell
For information, contact: Neil Nadalin (+49 69 30585454)