New year, new you!
The new year is a time when we think about a fresh start and what we want to accomplish.
What is a healthy lifestyle goal? It is your own idea about how you want to feel and the things you want to do so you feel good.
Understanding types of goals
Short Term (6 months – 2 years)
- Goals that you can accomplish in the near future
Long Term (2 years and up)
- Goals that are far-reaching and take longer to achieve
Selecting your goal
Think about how you can improve your life
- Many people want to live healthier…ask yourself, what does healthier living mean to me?
- Identify the lifestyle area you really want to work on (and believe you can be successful at) Examples:
- Mental health
- Alcohol & substance abuse
- Chronic & infectious diseases
- Safety at home
Be specific and select a time in which you wish to complete the goal
Click on the image below for an example SMART goal sheet