Addressing climate change is one of the greatest challenges our world is facing. We support the ambitions of the Paris Agreement, and are working to reduce the intensity of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from our operations and delivering solutions that help advance a low-carbon economy.
We continue to integrate climate change considerations into our ongoing business planning, and we are expanding our climate risk assessment using Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations to support our approach.
Our carbon reduction plan will evolve as we evaluate what can be achieved with existing technologies and as we explore breakthrough technologies.
How we’ll do it
- Use fossil fuels more efficiently, and increase the use of feedstocks from renewable sources and from plastic waste
- Increase our use of renewable energy
- Grow our portfolio of products and solutions that reduce GHG emissions
- Assess breakthrough technologies to enable further decarbonization across our operations
- Achieve a 15% reduction in CO2 equivalent emissions per ton of product produced, compared with 2015. We are in the process of, and committed to, developing our climate ambition beyond 2030.