Plastics make modern society possible, and often have a lower environmental footprint than the alternatives.
Whether helping to reduce emissions through the light-weighting of vehicles, addressing food waste and hunger through packaging, ensuring the safety of water supplies through pipes, protecting the quality of critical healthcare products, or increasing the energy efficiency of buildings, plastics play a vital role in advancing a wide range of sustainability efforts.
Our goal is to keep these valuable resources in use for as long as possible to maximize their value, and to help eliminate plastic pollution. There is no single solution for this challenge, and a combination of actions will be needed to achieve a circular economy for plastics.
How we’ll do it
- Reduce plastic waste in our operations and supply chain
- Work to expand waste management systems and infrastructure, and support policy that increases the use of recycled plastics
- Advance mechanical and molecular recycling to meet customers’ and brand owners’ environmental and circular goals
- Produce and market 2 million metric tons of recycled and renewable-based polymers annually
- Help demonstrate successful plastic waste management in multiple cities and divert millions of tons of plastic waste through Alliance to End Plastic Waste projects
- Unlock at least five times our investment to increase the recovery and recycling of plastic and accelerate solutions to end plastic waste