At LyondellBasell, we believe in being a responsible, good neighbor in the communities where we operate and beyond. Due to the global pandemic, volunteer engagement looked a little different this year. While navigating a “new normal”, including working remotely, staggering and rotating work schedules and adapting to modified office and working environments, our employees’ passion and enthusiasm for giving back never waned. It’s challenging times like this pandemic that remind us to come together as a team and as a family to help out one another, and we are proud #TeamLYB did just that and more. Our employees remained dedicated to keeping our plants operational and found ways to advance good in their communities and around the world.
As we approach a new year and say goodbye to 2020, we want to recognize the work done by our employees in their day jobs, at home and in the communities.
We send a big thank you to all of our employees and sites globally who…
- Made thousands of facial coverings to help protect our communities during COVID-19
- Banded together to develop innovative safety measures to help minimize coronavirus transmission in the workplace
- Served on our Emergency Response Teams who worked countless hours in making sure that not only were our sites protected but also our communities
- Presented virtual read alouds in several different languages for children with the Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation
- Helped make a positive impact and wrote inspiring messages to the elderly
- Helped collect litter in the ALL_TOGETHER GLOBAL CLEANUP challenge that contributed to the over 768,673 pieces of litter collected across 73 countries
- Decorated more than 3,000 lunch bags for Kids’ Meals to help feed children
- Represented our 83 sites around the world to volunteer over 6,000 hours to help end food insecurity in our 21st annual Global Care Day
- Helped distribute 445 computers to underserved youth in the Houston-area to help bridge the digital divide with Comp-U-Dopt
- Devoted time to administer online classes to secondary schools around plastics and the environment Collaborating with C3 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Made financial contributions while also volunteering their time to help our fellow colleagues who were impacted by Hurricanes Laura and Delta in Louisiana
Thank you #TeamLYB for Advancing Good! Through the power of many, we will continue to advance the positive future we know is possible.