LyondellBasell products are the basic building blocks for housewares, building materials, automotive parts, packaging for food and personal care products and grocery bags.
The Matagorda Complex for Lyondell Chemical Company’s Equistar business produces high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic resins. The Matagorda Complex is one of the largest polymer facilities within the LyondellBasell companies. These resins are converted by our customers into consumer products. These include housewares, building materials, automotive parts, packaging for food and personal care items and grocery bags.
The Matagorda Complex is located off Texas Highway 60 approximately 13 miles south of Bay City. The facility encompasses about 2,100 acres.
Our commitment to sustainable growth balances our responsibility to provide economic value for our stakeholders, while respecting the social concerns of the community in which we operate, and demonstrating care for the environment around us.
Providing Economic Value
- One of Matagorda County’s largest employers
- Nearly 225 employees and contractors
- Annual payroll and benefits of more than $25 million
- Site purchases approximately $18 million in goods and services each year
- Annual property tax payments of $2.7 million