ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands, May 25, 2021 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB), the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced Inner Mongolia Baofeng New Material Co., Ltd. a fully owned Chinese subsidiary of Ningxia Baofeng, will use the LyondellBasell Spheripol technology for its new mega facility.
The process technology will be used for four polypropylene (PP) lines, each producing 500 KTA, to be built in Erdos, Inner Mongolia, P.R. China.
“Since pioneering the commercial scale polypropylene production in the early 60’s, LyondellBasell continues to build on the unprecedented success story of our polypropylene technologies. This major award of 2,000 KTA of polypropylene in 4 Spheripol lines is an outstanding achievement in a single production complex,” said Neil Nadalin, Director of Licensing at LyondellBasell. Nadalin added, “The Spheripol process is renowned for its leading operating cost, excellent product properties and outstanding plant operability and is therefore the technology of choice for operators around the world”.
Spheripol technology is the leading polypropylene process technology with more than 30 million tons of licensed capacity. The latest fifth generation Spheripol technology includes process improvements that further maximize operational efficiency. The plant will commence operations using Avant ZN catalyst.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous production improvement, sustainable product development and catalyst knowhow by optionally joining LyondellBasell’s Technical Service program.
In addition to the Spheripol process technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), medium density polyethylene (MDPE) and HDPE
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for the entire range of polyolefin production.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to FORTUNE Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com.
For information, contact: Neil Nadalin (+49 69 30585454)