WILMINGTON, May 27, 2009 - Global polyolefins leader LyondellBasell Industries will demonstrate its continued commitment to innovation by presenting 10 papers featuring new polyolefin products and technologies at this year’s NPE – The International Plastics Showcase, which will be held June 22-26 at Chicago’s McCormick Place. A triennial tradeshow sponsored by The Society of the Plastics Industry (SPI), NPE2009 is expected to attract 75,000 attendees from around the world.
Six papers will feature new polypropylene and advanced polyolefin developments and will be presented at the Business of Plastics conference sponsored by SPI. In addition, four papers highlighting innovative specialty polyethylene and Catalloy process resins will be presented at the ANTEC™ program, which will be held concurrently with NPE. LyondellBasell’s unique global production, supply and technical service offerings will also be a key focus of the presentations.
Joe Tanner, LyondellBasell’s vice president of Polypropylene in North America said, "Showcasing our world-class products and services at this important forum emphasizes our commitment to the global plastics industry."
"Since 1946, LyondellBasell and its predecessor companies have been bringing industry-leading products and technologies to NPE," added Vaughn Deasy, LyondellBasell’s senior vice president of Base Chemicals and Polyethylene in the Americas. "We will continue our legacy of innovation at this year’s show, with capabilities unmatched in the market."
The 10 papers that will be presented during the NPE and ANTEC educational sessions are:
- The Interplay Between Polymer Polydispersity and Film Gauge in HDPE Barrier Films: How Polydispersity Controls the Gauge Dependence of Film Barrier Properties
- Polyethylene Resin Innovations Used in Large-Part Rotational Molding Applications
- High-Performance-Tie-Layer Resins in Flexible Packaging Applications: Structure–Performance Relationships
- Elastic Recovery Behavior of Three Layer Film Structures Comprised of TPO and Various Ethylene Copolymers
- The Performance and Applications of New Butene-1 Based Product: Koattro Plastomer
- "Polypropylene 101" - An introduction to its Polymer Structure and Characteristics
- Applications of Polypropylene
- Caps & Closures - Market Trends
- Softell – Opening New Dimensions and Possibilities with Soft Touch Polypropylene Compounds
- Purell Resins Used In Healthcare Applications
To attend the sessions, visit www.npe.org/attendee/educate/session-search.asp.
# # #
LyondellBasell Industries is one of the world’s largest polymers, petrochemicals and fuels companies. We are the global leader in polyolefins technology, production and marketing; a pioneer in propylene oxide and derivatives; and a significant producer of fuels and refined products, including biofuels. Through research and development, LyondellBasell develops innovative materials and technologies that deliver exceptional customer value and products that improve quality of life for people around the world. Headquartered in The Netherlands, LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) is privately owned by Access Industries.
For information, contact:
Media – Kristin McNeill, +713 309 7639 or email@example.com