ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, August 22, 2017 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced that Shandong Shouguang Luqing Co., Ltd, has selected LyondellBasell’s industry-leading Hostalen ACP polyethylene process technology for a 350 KTA high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit to be built in their petrochemical complex, at Bohai Industry Park, Shouguang, Shandong Province, China.
The Hostalen Advanced Cascade Process (ACP) offers manufacturers increased flexibility and versatility in the production of multimodal HDPE resins compared to other HDPE technologies. These multi-modal HDPE resins display a superior stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance, high stress cracking resistance and processing advantages that make them valuable in film, blow molding and pipe applications.
“With this contract, LyondellBasell has licensed 1,5 million tons of annual Hostalen ACP capacity this year,” said Dan Coombs, Executive Vice President Global Manufacturing, Refining, Projects and Technology at LyondellBasell. “This clearly demonstrates that this is the process technology of choice for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE products”.
For nearly 70 years, LyondellBasell and its predecessor companies have developed breakthrough process technologies that have enabled the worldwide production of polyolefins. LyondellBasell is the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies with more than 250 polyolefin process licenses and the only polyethylene licensor offering the complete range of technologies for the production of Low Density, High Density, Linear Low Density and Medium Density polyethylene.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services includes:
• Spheripol – The leading PP process with more than 22 million tons of licensed capacity combines its globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
• Spherizone – The breakthrough Spherizone multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform with flexible operating conditions to manufacture added-value polypropylene with novel architecture and enhanced properties
• Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
• Lupotech –The market leader on high-pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of Low density Polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
• Spherilene – Flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its 13,000 employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, and improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road. LyondellBasell sells products into approximately 100 countries and is the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin and polypropylene technologies. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com.SOURCE: LyondellBasell
For information, contact: Andreas Anker (+49 2236 72 1595)