ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, December 5, 2012 – LyondellBasell today announced that Reliance Industries Limited has selected the LyondellBasell Lupotech T process technology for a low density polyethylene (LDPE) plant to be built at the Reliance refinery in Jamnagar, India.
“The Lupotech T license granted to Reliance is our 23rd to be granted over the past 10 years,” said Bob Patel, Senior Vice President of Olefins and Polyolefins, Europe, Asia, International and Technology at LyondellBasell. “With nearly 11 million tonnes of licensed capacity to date, Lupotech T has established itself as the clear market leader in high pressure LDPE technology.”
Key features of the Lupotech T process technology include low manufacturing and investment costs with capacities of up to 450 KTA; leading economics through best-in-class operating performance; a superior product portfolio; fast start up and grade changes; and a high on-stream factor. These features make this technology today’s choice for the world scale production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers.
In addition to the Lupotech T process, the LyondellBasell portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
- Lupotech A - high pressure autoclave process for the production of specialty LDPE and EVA copolymers.
- Hostalen – a low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal high density polyethylene (HDPE).
- Spherilene – flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of linear low density polyethylene (LLPE), medium density polyethylene (MDPE) and HDPE.
- Spherizone – latest generation polypropylene technology, based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of high-performance polypropylene and novel polyolefins.
- Spheripol – leading polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers.
- Metocene PP – technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems.
# # #
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500 Index. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at
58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Media Contact: Bill Herdman, +1 713 309 4814 or firstname.lastname@example.org