ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, 09 July 2018 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced that Indonesian company PT Chandra Asri Perkasa Tbk (CAP), has selected LyondellBasell’s world leading polypropylene (PP) and low density polyethylene (LDPE) technologies for two new plants.
The plants will be constructed in its second petrochemical complex in Cilegon, Banten Province, Indonesia. The complex will include a 450 KTA polypropylene plant that will utilize LyondellBasell’s 5th generation Spheripol PP process technology. The complex will also include a 300 KTA low density polyethylene plant which will utilize Lupotech T process technology.
“The Spheripol process is recognized around the world to advance the quality of polypropylene products and to elevate process efficiency” said Dan Coombs, Executive Vice President Global Manufacturing, Project, Refining, and Technology at LyondellBasell. “Lupotech T is the market leader in high-pressure tubular LDPE technology offering low operating and investments costs to our customers.”
Mr. Erwin Ciputra, President Director of CAP stated: “Technologies were selected following an extensive process and we are confident that they will ensure productivity and efficiency of our new business operation.”
Spheripol is the leading polypropylene process technology with more than 24 million tons of licensed capacity. It combines globally recognized quality polypropylene grades with leading monomer efficiency and investment cost to make it the technology of choice.
Lupotech T, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, offers customers in addition to its economic advantage fast grade changes and a high on stream factor. This makes Lupotech T today’s technology of choice for the world-scale production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers.
In addition to the two selected technologies, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and associated technical services includes:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal high density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Lupotech A – Combines the strengths of Lupotech T with an autoclave vessel to provide EVA-copolymers with up to 40% VA content and specific low density polyethylene (LDPE) grades for premium market applications
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), medium density polyethylene (MDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE)
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its 13,400 employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, and improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road. LyondellBasell sells products into approximately 100 countries and is the world's largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2018, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com.
Media Contact: David Greely O: 713-309-4395 email@example.com