ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, April 03, 2013 – LyondellBasell today announced that Jiangsu Sailboat Petrochemical Co. Ltd. (JSPCL) has selected LyondellBasell’s Lupotech T and Lupotech A process technologies for a new plant scheduled to be built in Lianyungang, China. JSPCL, part of the Jiangsu Shenghong Group; a top 500 Chinese Enterprise, said that the plant will have a total plant capacity of 300 KT per year for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA).
LDPE and EVA polymers are in high demand driven by an increasing need for consumer items ranging from shoes to specialty films. Zheng Guo Dong, General Manager JSPCL, commented; “We selected LyondellBasell’s Lupotech platform based on the leading manufacturing cost performance and the capability to produce high-quality LDPE and very high EVA content LDPE.”
Key features of the Lupotech T tubular technology and the Lupotech A autoclave technology include low manufacturing and investment costs, fast start-up and grade changes, and high quality LDPE and copolymers with up to 40 percent EVA covering the entire range of melt flows and densities. Proven single-line capacities of up to 450 KT per year are available with Lupotech T.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies. The more than 250 polyolefin process licenses granted by LyondellBasell are twice that of any other polyolefin technology licensor.
In addition to the Lupotech processes, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
- Hostalen – a low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Spherilene – flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Spherizone – latest generation polypropylene technology, based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of high-performance polypropylene and novel polyolefins.
- Spheripol – leading polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers
- Metocene PP – technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
# # #
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500 Index. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
For information, contact:
Media – Bill Herdman, +1 713 309 4814 or