The process technology will be used for a 450 KTA polypropylene plant to be built in Quanzhou, P.R. China.
“The Spheripol process is the most widely used polypropylene technology in the industry and is very well established in the Asian market,” said Neil Nadalin, Director of Licensing at LyondellBasell. Nadalin added: “The licensing track record of the Spheripol technology remains outstanding, allowing operators to grow their business based on a technology with leading operating cost, excellent product properties and outstanding plant operability.”
Mr. Pin-Cheng Yang, Chairman of GPPC and QGPC stated: “With the selection of LyondellBasell’s polypropylene technology we see us in a position to respond best to customers’ needs to deliver benchmark polypropylene products on a competitive basis based on the selected Spheripol technology. The strong and unprecedented track record of LyondellBasell’s polypropylene technology gives us confidence to enter successfully the polypropylene market in China.”
Spheripol technology is the leading polypropylene process technology with more than 27 million tons of licensed capacity. The latest fifth generation Spheripol technology includes process improvements that further maximize operational efficiency. The plant will commence operations using Avant ZN catalyst.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous production improvement, sustainable product development and catalyst knowhow, by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Spheripol process technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com. SOURCE: LyondellBasell
For information, contact: Neil Nadalin (+49 69 30585454)