Rotterdam, the Netherlands, August 30, 2018 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB), today announced that Shandong Chambroad Petrochemicals Co. Ltd., (Shandong Chambroad), has selected the LyondellBasell Hostalen “Advance Cascade Process” (Hostalen ACP) technology.
The low-pressure slurry process technology will be used for a 350KTA high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit to be built in their petrochemical complex in Binzhou city, Shandong province, P.R. China.
“Hostalen ACP meets the market demand with products exhibiting a combination of properties not achievable with unimodal or bimodal grades,” said Dan Coombs, executive vice president Global Manufacturing, Project, Refining and Technology at LyondellBasell. “We are pleased to enable Shandong Chambroad to achieve their HDPE ambitions.”
Mr. Luan Bo, President of Shandong Chambroad stated: “We selected the Hostalen ACP process technology for its extraordinary ability to produce high performance HDPE products.”
Hostalen ACP process technology manufactures high performance, multi-modal HDPE resins with an industry-leading stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance, high stress cracking resistance and process advantages used in film, blow molding and pipe applications.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and associated technical services includes:
- Spheripol – The leading PP process with more than 24 million tons of licensed capacity combines its globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of Low density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
# # #
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2018, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com.
For information, contact: David Greely (+1 (713) 309.4395)