ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands, December 15, 2020 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB), the world’s leading licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced that the Amur Gas Chemical Complex project, being implemented by SIBUR Holding PJSC, the largest integrated petrochemicals company in Russia, has selected LyondellBasell’s Spheripol technology for a new facility.
The process technology will be used for a 400 KTA polypropylene unit to be built in Svobodny, Amur region, Russia.
“We are honored that SIBUR has again opted to utilize the Spheripol technology for its Amur GCC project in the Russian Far East,” said Jim Seward, senior vice president of research and development, technology and sustainability at LyondellBasell. Seward added: “The process robustness and CAPEX effectiveness of the Spheripol process allows SIBUR to create benchmark polymers on a sustainable basis.”
“LyondellBasell's technology will help to achieve the highest level of diversification at Amur GCC and expand SIBUR's mostly homopolymer-oriented portfolio with a few PP random copolymers by adding a wide array of other copolymers, e.g. high-impact polypropylene-ethylene copolymers, and thermoplastic grades”, said Pavel Lyakhovich, Management Board Member and Managing Director of Basic Polymers Division at SIBUR. Total design capacity of AGCC is 2,700,000 KTA of PE and PP products.
Spheripol is the benchmark PP process technology with more than 30 million tons of licensed capacity. The latest fifth generation Spheripol technology includes process improvements that further maximize operational efficiency. The plant will commence operations using Avant ZN catalyst.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous production improvement, sustainable product development and catalyst knowhow, by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 300 polyolefin process licenses. In addition to the Spheripol process technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com. SOURCE: LyondellBasell
For information, contact: Neil Nadalin (+49 69 30585454)