ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, January 23, 2019 - Lyondellbasell (NYSE:LYB), the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced that Xinjiang Tianli Gaoxin Petrochemical Company Limited (Tianli Gaoxin) has selected Lupotech T process technology from LyondellBasell for a 200KT per year low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) plant to be built at Dushanzi, Xinjiang Province, China.
“With significant growth in LDPE and EVA products, and the need for benchmark manufacturing performance to effectively compete in the region, Tianli Gaoxin’s selection of Lupotech T again demonstrates the value of our process technologies for the production of LDPE and EVA,” said Jim Seward, vice president technology business and sustainability at LyondellBasell. “Lupotech T is the market leader in high-pressure tubular LDPE technology offering low operating and investments costs to our customers.”
Mr. Li Ji, president of Tianli Gaoxin’s stated: “This process technology was selected following a detailed investigation. Finally we selected LyondellBasell’s Lupotech T for its extraordinary grade slate, including high-quality LDPE and EVA copolymers.”
Lupotech T, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, also offers customers other economic advantages such as fast grade changes and a high on-stream factor. This makes Lupotech T today’s technology of choice for the world-scale production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers.
This project represents the 15th Lupotech T line licensed in China. With this license, the total design and operating capacity of Lupotech T lines in China will exceed 3,300 kilotons per year.
In addition to the Lupotech T process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and associated technical services includes:
- Spheripol – The leading PP process technology with more than 25 million tons of licensed capacity. with globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen- Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high performance multimodal HDPE
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
# # #
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2019, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com. SOURCE: LyondellBasell For information, contact: David Greely (+1 (713) 309.4395)