ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands, February 13, 2019 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB), the world’s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited (HMEL), has selected LyondellBasell’s fifth generation Spheripol polypropylene process technology for a 500 KT per year plant in Bathinda, India.
“Recognized companies such as HMEL select the Spheripol process because of the technology’s low capital and operating costs, broad product capability and excellent operability,” said Jim Seward, vice president technology business and sustainability at LyondellBasell. “The Spheripol process has maintained its leadership over two decades through continuous process and product innovation.”
Seward added, “The selection of Spheripol technology allows customers to enhance and diversify significantly their PP target product portfolio.”
Spheripol is the leading PP process technology with more than 25 million tons of licensed capacity. The latest fifth generation Spheripol includes process improvements that further maximize operational efficiency.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 280 polyolefin process licenses.
In addition to the Spheripol process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and associated technical services includes:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
# # #
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2019, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com.
For information, contact: David Greely (+1 (713) 309.4395)