ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, January 25, 2012 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced that it has granted a Hostalen ACP process technology license to Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Yanan Energy and Chemical Co., Ltd. Start-up for this new HDPE plant in the Chinese Shaanxi province is scheduled for 2014.
“This is the largest capacity Hostalen ACP multi-modal process technology that we have ever licensed, further demonstrating the competitive economics for producing leading HDPE resins,” said Bob Patel, senior vice president of Technology at LyondellBasell.
Key features of the Hostalen ACP process technology include three reactors in cascade enabling the production of high-performance HDPE resins particularly suitable for film, blow-molding and pressure pipe applications. Furthermore, Hostalen ACP has low manufacturing and investment costs for multimodal HDPE and capacities of up to 450 KT per year, which make it today’s technology of choice for the production of HDPE.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies. The more than 250 polyolefin process licenses granted by LyondellBasell are twice that of any other polyolefin technology licensor.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process, LyondellBasell offers a portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
- Lupotech – leading high-pressure tubular and autoclave process technologies for the production of LDPE and EVA copolymers
- Spherilene – flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Spherizone – latest-generation polypropylene technology based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of polypropylene and novel polyolefins
- Spheripol – leading polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers
- Metocene PP – innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
# # #
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies. The company manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive components, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com.
For information, contact:
Media – Andreas Anker, +49 22 3672 1595 or