ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, November 30, 2012 – LyondellBasell today announced that China Shenhua Coal to Liquid and Chemical Co. Ltd. has selected the LyondellBasell Lupotech T process technology for a 270 KT per year low density polyethylene (LDPE) plant to be built in Xinjiang, China.
Shenhua, the largest coal company in the world, selected the LyondellBasell Lupotech T for a second time this year, having previously announced plans for a LDPE plant using the technology in Yulin, China.
“Shenhua’s continued confidence in the Lupotech T process technology is another demonstration of why Lupotech is the leading technology for LDPE and EVA production, and we look forward to continuing a strong relationship with Shenhua,” said Bob Patel, LyondellBasell Senior Vice President of Olefins and Polyolefins for Europe, Asia, International, and Technology.
Key features of Lupotech T technology include low manufacturing and investment costs, fast start-up and grade changes, high reliability and capacities of up to 450 KT per year, which makes it today’s technology of choice for the production of LDPE and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies. The more than 250 polyolefin process licenses granted by LyondellBasell are twice that of any other polyolefin technology licensor.
In addition to the Lupotech T process, the LyondellBasell portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
- Lupotech A - high pressure autoclave process for the production of specialty LDPE and EVA copolymers.
- Hostalen – a low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal high density polyethylene (HDPE).
- Spherilene – flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of linear low density polyethylene (LLPE), medium density polyethylene (MDPE) and HDPE.
- Spherizone – latest generation polypropylene technology, based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of high-performance polypropylene and novel polyolefins.
- Spheripol – leading polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers.
- Metocene PP – technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems.
# # #
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500 Index. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Bill Herdman, +1 713 309 4814 or firstname.lastname@example.org