Rotterdam, Netherlands, January 5, 2009 – LyondellBasell Industries has launched a new Avant M single-site catalyst system designed to extend the performance capabilities of its Metocene polypropylene (PP) manufacturing technology platform.
“This new single-site catalyst family provides additional product capabilities within our existing Metocene PP portfolio, which is already extremely versatile,” said Yves Bonte, Senior Vice President of LyondellBasell’s Polypropylene Business. ”The catalyst family extends the range of homopolymer, random and impact copolymer grades by offering performance from very low to very high melt flow rates, while maintaining outstanding levels of homogeneity, transparency and other features typical of single-site catalysis.”
According to Jim Seward, Senior Vice President of LyondellBasell’s Catalyst Business, “We have been successfully using this catalyst system at our LyondellBasell facilities. This new family offers significant advantages above our existing metallocene catalyst portfolio. With mileage levels comparable to conventional Ziegler-Natta catalysts, smooth operability and excellent process control, it confirms the impressive potential of Metocene PP technology.”
Only recently, a Metocene PP technology license was granted to PolyMirae in South Korea.
In addition to the Metocene PP technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services is comprised of:
• Lupotech – leading high-pressure tubular and autoclave processes for the production of LDPE and EVA copolymers
• Spherilene – advanced swing-gas-phase process for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and monomodal and bimodal HDPE
• Hostalen – leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-end multimodal HDPE
• Spheripol – leading polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers
• Spherizone – latest-generation polypropylene technology, based on a multi-zone reactor for the production of polypropylene and novel polyolefins
# # #
LyondellBasell Industries is one of the world’s largest polymers, petrochemicals and fuels companies. We are the global leader in polyolefins technology, production and marketing; a pioneer in propylene oxide and derivatives; and a significant producer of fuels and refined products, including biofuels. Through research and development, LyondellBasell develops innovative materials and technologies that deliver exceptional customer value and products that improve quality of life for people around the world. Headquartered in The Netherlands, LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) is privately owned by Access Industries.
For information, contact:
Media – Waldemar Oldenburger, +49 69 305 854 59 or firstname.lastname@example.org