ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands, May 21, 2019 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced that Phu My Plastics Production JSC. (PMP), has selected the Spheripol polypropylene process technology for a 300 KTA plant in Vietnam.
“The Spheripol process is the most widely used polypropylene technology in the world and is well established in Asia,” said Jim Seward, vice president technology business and sustainability at LyondellBasell. “Customers appreciate Spheripol’s track record of outstanding plant operability, leading operating cost and excellent product properties.”
Madam Le Thi Hoa, Vice Chairman at PMP stated: “We have selected Spheripol Technology for our PP project due to the strong licensing record and operational experience of LyondellBasell and the well-established Spheripol PP product position in Vietnam and Southeast Asia.”
Spheripol is the leading PP process technology with more than 25 million tons of licensed capacity. The latest fifth generation Spheripol includes process improvements that further maximize operational efficiency. The plant will commence operations using Avant ZN catalyst.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous production improvement, sustainable product development and catalyst knowhow, by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Spheripol process technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2019, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.LyondellBasell.com. SOURCE: LyondellBasell